What is Leadership Worth?
Leadership Worth is an interactive and informative program that offers current and future leaders skill building, leadership development and a comprehensive look at Worth County.
Benefits of Leadership Worth:
Whether you are new to the area or have been here for years, Leadership Worth can open new doors to understanding and opportunity. Participants receive skills, mentoring, and information that lead to increased self-awareness and personal growth. Many alumni from the program have moved into active leadership roles within the community.
Tentative Schedule for Leadership Worth
Contact the Sylvester-Worth County Chamber of Commerce for further details. Applications will be available at the Chamber or may be downloaded.
The first session is mandatory. Applicants are expected to attend all session and may not miss more than two sessions to graduate.
- Cost per person $250
- Tuition is payable upon acceptance into the program and receipt of invoice.
- Two scholarships are available to non-profits or small businesses with 5 or fewer employees.
- Analyze your leadership styles and capabilities
- Develop your leadership skills
- Learn to effectively interact with others
- Learn to build consensus within a team framework
- Obtain new avenues for civic engagement
- Build an informed network of diverse colleagues for individual, business and community problem solving
- Employer Benefits:
- Enhanced personal and professional growth of the employee
- Networking opportunities that can help with business solutions
- Exposure to other community leaders who are committed to enhancing our region
- An opportunity to position a business as an organization that is committed to community quality of life issues
- Potential candidates should demonstrate
- Availability of time and full employer support to participate in the entire program
- Willingness and ability to facilitate change through personal leadership
- Interest in and motivation to serve Worth County
- Commitment to leadership through past and present community activities
- Class Size and Composition
- Approximately 15-20 participants, current and emerging leaders, representing a cross-section of the community – men and women from different occupational, educational, social and cultural backgrounds – will be selected. The Selection Committee identifies those individuals who will use their leadership for the long-term benefit of the community. Selection is based on the candidates’ willingness to actively participate in the program and their commitment to all aspects of the program as outlined in the application process.